With the influx of companies moving to Texas these days, the corporate landscape is changing. Many businesses are looking for something new, and sometimes that means changing offices for a fresh start. When it’s time to move to a new office, there’s a lot to be done. Everything will need to be packed, loaded up, and driven to the new location, then unpacked and settled in the new digs. If you’re the one in charge of handling an office move, you might think that you can manage it on your own, perhaps by delegating all the moving tasks to employees and letting your team do the heavy lifting. No matter how organized and efficient you may be, though, there’s a better solution. Hiring a commercial moving company to move your office can make the entire process run much more smoothly. Here are seven reasons why a corporate moving service is the ideal option for moving an office.
- Time is money, and you’ll save both when you hire a professional office moving company. Especially if your office is large, emptying and cleaning it in anticipation of moving day can require a lot of time and resources. For a business, time is money, so the less time you spend wrangling files and supplies, the better. Hiring an office moving company prevents your time from being wasted and saves your resources. Trained to be fast and efficient, a professional corporate moving service will have everything organized, packed, and out the door before you know it.
- When the experts take over, it means less stress for everyone involved. Moving can be complicated, especially when it involves moving something as complex as an office. Keeping your business running smoothly means providing a sense of continuity for your employees, letting them focus on doing their jobs instead of being entangled in the move. Enlisting your employees in the business of moving can be bad for morale, but hiring commercial movers to handle the job will keep everyone excited about the relocation.
- Everything in your office will be securely relocated when you let professionals handle it. Many of the documents in your office are sensitive, and your office equipment requires special handling. If not properly packed, papers could be lost or damaged and technology could be broken. Expert office movers know how to pack up, move, and maneuver even the most complicated technology and handle all of your files in a way that gets them to your new office safely and securely.
- You’ll get the peace of mind that comes from knowing your items are safe and protected. Moving to a new office might make you nervous, especially if this is the first time your business has relocated. When you hire a professional office moving team, you can relax, knowing that the move will go off without a hitch, with no delays or hassles. What’s more, professional office movers are insured. On the off chance that something does go awry and there’s loss or damage, you and your company will be protected.
- Corporate moving companies are staffed by professionals who are organized and efficient. Well-trained and dedicated to their work, professional office movers take the time to listen and handle your office move exactly the way you want it to be done. They’re well organized, with experience moving businesses from one place to another, and they have a specific process they follow to make sure it all goes the way it should.
- An office moving company will arrange your new office exactly the way you want it. You can plan your layout in advance, and the office movers will not just take your office furniture to the new location but also put it into place. When you hire a professional team, your office will look great on moving day, and you can get right back to the business of doing business.
- You and your staff won’t have to do any heavy lifting when you let professional movers handle it. You and your office staff may not be in the business of lifting heavy objects. Even if your employees have the strength to do the work, it’s not worth risking someone being injured because of improper lifting technique. Commercial office movers are well-trained, licensed, and insured, and they know how to correctly lift heavy office equipment without damaging the equipment or injuring themselves.
Once you’ve decided to hire a professional moving company to relocate your office, there are a few things you can do to prepare to make the move go more smoothly.
- Start with a checklist. Write down everything, even the most minor tasks, so that nothing falls through the cracks. You’ll want to get quotes from several different movers, and you’ll need to do housekeeping tasks like ordering new business cards and stationery. Having it all written down early in the process can help you organize your thoughts and get a handle on the move.
- Delegate to lighten your load. Create a moving committee or liaison to be in charge of employee communication, and create opportunities for participation. Make it a team effort and set a date for employees to have their own items boxed up and ready to move. Things like plants and family photos, in fact, might be better carried by each employee in a personal vehicle.
- Remember to update the address. As you make your fresh start in your new location, make sure everyone knows where to reach you. In addition to new company letterhead and business cards, you’ll need to update your digital presence, including your listings on Google and in online directories as well as your social media accounts. Let your fans and followers know where to find you by creating a social media post announcing the move.
- Pare down and clean up. You’re likely to have furniture and equipment that’s old, in disrepair, or just won’t work in the new place. Declutter all of this in advance of the move, so that your new office will be streamlined and set up with the best workflow for productivity and morale. Consider taking this opportunity to go paperless, scanning and shredding old documents, getting rid of the filing cabinets, and making the most of your new space.
Whether the move is local or long distance, when you’re ready to move, it’s time to call Firefighting’s Finest Moving & Storage. We are dedicated to providing efficient, safe, and professional commercial and home moving services, as a reliable moving partner you can trust. Founded in 2001 by two off-duty firefighters, we’ve grown to serve not only the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but also Houston and Austin as well. A locally-owned-and-operated business, we exceed all state and federal requirements for a moving company and can handle all of your moving needs. Call 844-715-6625 or visit our website for an estimate.